The Ship editor is where you go when you're ready to adjust ship parameters (speed, hull, turrets etc.)
Let's start with the Ship properties panel...
- Name Set name of the ship class (not name of the ship itself, but its class. ex.: Pegasus is Korkyra's gunship class vessel.)
- Ship class Choose a general ship classification.
- Manufacturer Choose which faction created this vessel.
- Value Purchase cost of the ship.
- Weapon Power Adjust the amount of power for weapon batteries. Each battery has this same amount, but spend it individually.
Now let's move a bit back to the Weapons list...
The Weapons list shows all turrets on this ship and to which weapon battery they're assigned (linked to).
Four buttons on the main toolbar are connected with weapons.
||Adds a new turret
||Removes the selected turret
||Opens the properties panel of the selected turret
||Toggle turret visible
||Toggles whether the turret is rendered in the editor or not. This does NOT impact in-game rendering.
We shouldn't forget about that Turret properties panel...
- Position set turret position on ship
- Rotation set turret facing on ship
- Scale - set turret size
- Battery assign the selected turret to a specified weapon battery whose power it will then drain when firing.
- Firing arc use these four parameters to adjust firing arc of the selected turret. A firing arc representation is visible in the main viewport to make it easier.
And finally we come to Ship data...
- Speed straightforward adjustment of maximum speed
- Maneuver set how well the ship will "handle corners"
- Hull set hit points / health
- Cargo set how much commodities the ship can haul
- Crew set how many troopers the ship can carry along
- Hangar set whether the ship has fighter hangar
- Ship cloak set whether the ship has a cloaking device
- Descript Id DEPRECATED
- Explosion set which explosion set the ship uses in the event of its destruction
When youre happy with the ship, youll likely want to save it for later. The main toolbar will help you with that...
||Start from scratch
||load existing ship
||save opened ship
||Save compressed ship
save opened ship as a compressed ship file. This is encouraged when you're completely finished with adjusting ship parameters.
Compressed (binary) files load a lot faster.